Stand out from the crowd and support a small business maker in the process. Customize any of the handmade pottery in the Minimal Collection with your own logo, motivational saying, company motto, or customized award. They're terrific for branding your business and as gifts to clients & employees.
Your logo must be black and white (or able to be converted to a clean black and white image) in .jpeg, .pdf, .eps, .tif, or .png format and at least 2400 pixels on the longest side. I'm sorry but full color logos are not available using this process.
- Each piece is individually thrown on the wheel by Rebecca using a high fire white stoneware from Continental Clay.
- Once the pots are completely dry, "bone dry" as we say in the pottery world, they are fired to approximately 1850 degrees fahrenheit in an electric kiln. This is called the bisque firing.
- After 20-24 hours of firing and cooling, the bottom of the pots are dipped into hot wax to create a resist for the glaze. Rebecca then freehand paints a brushstroke of hot wax onto the face of the pot to create the image resist area. This area will be bare clay once it's fired and the wax has burned off and will be the space that sports your sexy logo.
- Each piece is hand glazed. Anywhere there is wax will be bare clay once the pot is fired.
- The pottery is fired a second time. This is the glaze firing which reaches 2232 degrees fahrenheit, otherwise known as cone 8.
- After the 20-30 hour glaze firing and cooling cycle, your logo is printed onto a special paper using an iron oxide toner cartridge in a single color laser printer. The waterslide images are cut out individually by hand, soaked in water then applied to the surface of the pot.
- The pots are placed back into the kiln for a third, slow firing which reaches approximately 1950 degrees fahrenheit to permanently impregnate the surface with the iron oxide logo. After this third 20+ hour firing and cooling cycle, the pots are ready to use!
All Rebecca Graves Pottery is high temperature fired to ensure durability, individually handmade, and all glazes are made in the studio using Rebecca's proprietary glaze formulas to ensure they are food safe, microwave safe, dishwasher safe and unique.